i need by tonight plz!!

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
angel22

i need by tonight plz!!

Post by angel22 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: ED104 MATHS
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
1. Discuss how you think children learn mathematics? Do you have any examples?

My teacher said I need 10 more examples any need new ideas

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Children learn mathematics as they play and explore the world around them (Neal, 2007a, p.24). Building blocks, sandpits, puzzles and many everyday materials such as: pegs, bottle tops, straws and calendars provide opportunities for the development of mathematical ideas such as: numbers, shapes, measuring and patterns (Neal, 2007b, p.2-3).

The interaction between teachers and children is crucial to developing mathematical ideas and important skills needed in mathematics, such as problem solving. While children are playing, teachers can use questioning to encourage mathematical thinking and language. For example, questions such as:
Why do you think the truck is heavier than the ball?
;Let’s work out which block pile has more blocks.
;What comes next in your pattern?
How do we know eight is bigger than three?

Description and Message:

lumamelzemm
Participator
Participator

Re: i need by tonight plz!!

Post by lumamelzemm » Thu May 30, 2013 9:35 pm

i think what the assessor means is lpaying with blocks children will be working on problem solving
,learning about volume and phisical space.by doing and saying ,provide grocery shopping game with money to count provide
different size strings to measure blocks or provide three cups in the sand pit one full ofsand the other is half full and one empty ask the children which is heavy ,more full ,ect