ED104 - Mathematical Experiences That Are Part of ACARA

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
angel22

ED104 - Mathematical Experiences That Are Part of ACARA

Post by angel22 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: ed104 birth 5 years maths
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
can i please get examples of kids play experiences / activities that are produced to help learning in three areas of the mathematics part of ACARA.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
im new to this course so far i have no idea i need someone to guide me to the right place please!!

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: ED104 MATHS

Post by cathiek » Sun May 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi there
I think you might mean the 3 learning areas of the AC (Australian Curriculum)
They are: Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, Statistics and Probability.
ACARA is the Australian curriculum assessment and reporting authority.
Play experiences for number could include providing manipulatives (small plastic animals) and the children counting them out as part of a small world play scenario.
Measurement. They may use streamers to measure each other, toys, plants, furniture etc,
Statistics/Probability - Playing a game and asking the children first who thinks I will roll a 4 on the dice, or land on the blue spot when playing twister etc.
Hope this helps.
Pinterest is a great site. Just type in number games or measurement games etc and you will get great visuals.
Cathiek

angel22

Re: ED104 MATHS

Post by angel22 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:59 pm

your reply means alot thnx heaps!!! ...I checked out pininterest YOUR THE BESTEST!! =D :D great ideas!!!