Bachelor degree volunteer needed!! Interview Questions on Assessment Practices

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kath73

Bachelor degree volunteer needed!! Interview Questions on Assessment Practices

Post by Kath73 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:50 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: EDE205 - Assessment Practices in ECE
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I desperately need to interview an educator who holds a degree in either a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) who works in a childcare setting on assessment practices.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I can't answer these questions myself as I need to interview an educator who holds a degree.

Description and Message:
Questions:

• What types of strategies and tools do you currently use to assess the children’s learning?
• How often during the year do you assess the children?
• Do you use standardised testing in your assessment cycle? If so, which form/and or forms of standardised testing do you use?
• How is the assessment data recorded?
• How is the assessment data used to make consistent judgements about the children in your class?
• How is the assessment data used to guide your planning for teaching and learning?