Long Service Leave

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Miss Sam

Long Service Leave

Post by Miss Sam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi Lorina,
I was wondering if you knew anything about long service leave entitlements and how they are calculated.
I have had a rude shock recently as I was under the impression that you were entitled to 12 weeks long service after 10 years.
I have been told that the Award no longer covers the long service (2010) and that we are covered by the Victorian Business long service leave - business.vic.gov.au.
I was always under the impression that early childhood educators get a different amount.
I am a teacher working in long daycare. (It is very rare to get the Veecta conditions in long day care)
Are you able to advise on this or are you able to point me in the right direction?
I have found a copy of the-
Terms and conditions of employment- The National Employment Standards
- which the 2010 award is governed by, but it is really hard to understand and there is no calculator or no indicator of how the employer decides which calculator (or instrument) is used.
Thanks for your time. I am sure there are alot of teachers out there that were not aware of this.
Cheers
Sam

Lorina

Re: Long Service Leave

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi Sam,

I had a look at the Fair Work Australia site and for matters relating to long service leave, you need to go to your states long service leave laws and since you're in Victoria, that is businees.vic.gov.au (as you stated). I can't find any other information n regards to educators getting different entitlements.

I will see if I contact Long Service Leave Victoria and find out more information for you...

:geek:,
Lorina