2015 ratio of educators to children

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Green

2015 ratio of educators to children

Post by Green » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi

I am currently doing CHCLEG001 Working with Legislation and Standards.
One of the questions asks me to apply the minimum educator to child ratios for each age group that will come into force across Australia in 2016 and calculate how many educators are required for each age group.
In addition to this question it also asks you to state what the ratio was in 2015. I got most of the answers correct except one. I needed to state how many educators required to care for 15 children aged 25 months to 35 months. I have looked at the ratios for 2015 and for this age group it differed between the states. In some states it would be 3 for caring for 15 children and in some states it would 2 caring for 15 children. Qld where I am studying had 2 different ratios setup. So anyway I stated 3 educators as I was basing this on most of the states and also one of the Qld ratios. I got that answer wrong, it should be 2 eduators to care for 15 children aged 25 mths to 35 mths, why is this so?

Any explanation would be great as I am still waiting for my trainer to get back to me about it. Personally I don't think the question is written very well.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: 2015 ratio of educators to children

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 pm

That's interesting... I would say 3 as well. Just going through the QLD ratios and it says More than 24 to less than 36 months the ratio is 1:6 so based on 15 children it will be 3 staff.

Regulations - Staffing - 2015

:geek:,
Lorina