Valentines Day Art N Craft Ideas

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Valentines Day Art N Craft Ideas

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Valentines day is almost here and my director has told all of us that she would like us to celebrate it with the children. This primarily means getting the kids to do an art and craft project for their parents and siblings. I'm looking for something innovative and creative I can do with the group. I've done love hearts, collages, calendars or the typical crafts. I want something fun and exciting! Does anyone have any different ideas?

Lorina

Re: Valentines Day Art N Craft Ideas

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi Nat,

Valentine’s Day is popular at childcare centres so it’s no surprise that your centre will be probably one of many celebrating it.

I found a couple of cool art n craft ideas…

Valentine’s Day Centerpiece –

[album]71[/album]

This is pretty simple and it looks very nice as well! You don’t have to create it exactly like it’s in the picture however it gives you an idea on what to do.

All you need is a paper plate, foam ball, paddle pop stick, craft jewels, ribbon and coloured paints, and red felt (for the heart).
Each child can paint their paper plate. Cut the foam ball in half and stick in the middle of the paper plate. Insert the paddle pop stick inside the foam ball. Add the heart on top of the paddle pop stick. Decorate with craft jewels, ribbon, glitter and paint.

Ref: kaboose.com

Valentine’s Day Puzzle Picture Frame –

[album]72[/album]

This is such a cute idea and I love this one! It’s very simple to make and can be used with any age group.

For this all you need is 4 paddle pop sticks per child and some puzzle pieces to create the frame. If you have some old puzzles that you don’t mind using then it will be perfect but if not you can draw puzzle pieces on cardboard and cut them out. Stick the paddle pop pieces together to create a rectangle, child paints the puzzle pieces and sticks them on top of the paddle pop sticks and some hearts and voila!

Ref: allkidsnetwork.com

Hope it gives you some inspiration,

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Some great art ideas L.A! Thank you for sharing!

I love love love the puzzle picture frame for my group of kids. It does look really easy and simple to do! For the puzzle pieces I was thinking of using glitter paint to really make it stand out then I am going to take a photo of each child holding a piece of cardboard that says "I love you to pieces" to add to the picture frame!

When I go back to work tomorrow I'll show the Valentines Centerpiece to the other staff and see if anyone wants to do it!

Thanks again, can't wait to start this week.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 am

Here is an update on this. This year for Valentines Day I ended up doing the puzzle pieces picture frame like I mentioned in my above post. I wasn't able to do colour photos of each child so I did them in black and white instead. I also added a magnet at the back so they could be stuck on the fridge.

In the babies room, the room leader found this poem which she added to each baby's collage, using red, pink and white materials (ribbon, cellophane, paints, glitter etc) in the shape of a heart.

"Here is a Valentine.
I made it just for you.

With paper and ribbons.
And lots and lots of glue!

I created it with love,
and designed it with my paint.

I want to tell you that I love you,
On this special Valentine's Day!
"