puff paint

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
grandma
Participator
Participator

puff paint

Post by grandma » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:01 pm

A little idea my kids enjoyed so much that we did it for 2 weeks using different colours and different cardboard.
I just mix shaving cream and PVA glue together(great sensory activity) add food colouring and thats it.We used a mixing bowel and different sized spoons. Just hold a spoonful above the cardboard and let it form a picture. some of the kids splatted and some poured. It takes a long time to dry but its fantastic. They asked for wiggle eyes to make monsters,dogs, and people. Its good to have 2 bowels and 2 different colours for a better effect. My parents loved them and most of them told me they framed them and hung them on a wall.
I know some people use the icing piping tool but this was much more fun.
if you use more shaving cream and less glue it seems to puff up more. It was trial and error for a while.

Lorina

Re: puff paint

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi Grandma,

Nice idea...I often use shaving cream as part of a sensory experience but I have never thought about adding glue to it... I'm going to use this experience for my group of children!

Thanks for sharing,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:21 pm

thats fine LA, I dont mind sharing. I am going to try to attach a picture of one of my little ones masterpieces. He just added eyes to his splattering and created a dog.It does take a few days of warm sunshine to harden up but so much fun is had doing it.
Grandma
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deborah gall

Post by deborah gall » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 pm

wow!!looks fantastic can't wait for the weather to warm up so i can try it,
thanks.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 am

That is so cute Grandma.
Thanks for sharing.