Guessing Game, Mouse Game, Patterns & Time

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Guessing Game, Mouse Game, Patterns & Time

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Hey Everyone,

Recently at my centre I have been involved in planning activities for the toddler group to extend on their learning, knowledge and skills.

Here are a few activities that I have planned:

- Guessing Game: Repeat the clues and let your group of toddlers guess the answer, just make sure that you pick things that are familiar to
toddlers.

Clue 1- (Clock)
I am round.
I have numbers on your face.
You use me to tell the time.
I go tick, tick, tick.
What am I?

Clue 2- (Cat)
I am furry.
I purr.
I like to eat fish & drink milk.
What am I?

Clue 3- (Dog)
I am an animal.
I bark.
I wag my tail.
What am I?

- Quiet As A Mouse: Game

I am very quiet
I am quiet as a mouse.
You can hardly hear me
As I moved around the house.

And as I walk on tippy toes,
You'll have to look to see
That this quiet little mouse
Is really me!

Place a small pillow "cheese" in front of your toddler and asked him/her to close their eyes.
Then say the little rhyme and try and steal the cheese from the little mouse. The mouse opens his/hers eyes when he can hear someone stealing his cheese.

- Footpath Pattern Game: The patterns used in this game are called A-B patterns (simply this means only two elements A & B). Start the game
by finding 2 different coloured chalk. Find an appropriate area and draw some A-B patterns.

A B A B A

Ask toddlers what comes next... You can start by using the above pattern. Then you can use happy faces, stars and anything else your
toddlers may enjoy. Patterns are an early maths skill, also a logical and critical thinking skill.

- Name The Time: Begin by creating a book. Find/Draw pictures associated with the time of day. Glue these into a scrap book (one on
each page). Sit with the toddlers show them the picture in the book and asked the toddlers ¨When do we do this activity-morning afternoon
or night time"? Talk about until the begin to learn themselves. After some repetition and practising the toddlers will be able to recognize
the different times of day.

- Get butcher paper, ask each child to lay down on the paper, traced the child and helped the child cut it out. Take a photo of the child's face, enlarged it an paste it onto the butchers paper. Draw a t-shirt and shorts on the cut out and each individual child can paint/decorate themselves. Stick them all around the room, it can be part of "All About Me Theme".

Hopefully this gives you a few ideas on the types of toddler activities you could do,

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Any Activity Suggestions For The Toddler Room?

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Here is a hand action game that u can use...

I have ten little fingers and they all belong to me,
I can make them do things-would you like to see?
I can shut them up tight, I can open them wide,
I can put them together, I can make them all hide.
I can make them jump high,
I can make them jump low.
I can fold them up quietly and hold them just so.
(Finger motions as described)

Adornalee

Re: Any Activity Suggestions For The Toddler Room?

Post by Adornalee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I really like suggestion from all of you. I will use them to play with my children in this summer vacations. I hope my children will also love these games.