unable to open downloaded templates

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MarionMac

unable to open downloaded templates

Post by MarionMac » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi.
I am having trouble downloading the reflections of our day templates.
I download it and when i open it it says something about upgrading adobe to latest version, which I have.
I have tried the suggestions set out in another topic but that is not working either.

Thanks
Marion

Lorina

Re: unable to open downloaded templates

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi Marion,

Your browser plug-in is probably trying to open the file inside the browser itself instead of opening it directly from the Adobe Reader. This sometimes happens with some browsers since they will try to open the pdfs inside the browser which usually works fine for standard pdfs. But for Online Tools templates, they will be unable to render the form inside the browser and hence you are seeing the error message you had described.

The solution to this is to download the file (you can right click on the download button in our Online Tools Templates Page and choose 'Save As' option) and save it to a location in your computer (like the desktop or My Documents). Once its saved in your computer, go to that location (desktop or My Documents) and double click on the filename to open it directly from Adobe Reader without using any browser to open it. This will then open the downloaded file directly through Adobe Reader. This should solve your issue and the templates will work fine.

Hope this helps.