WHICH TAFE/PROVIDER FOR DIPLOMA IN MELBOURNE???

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
helana4
Participator
Participator

WHICH TAFE/PROVIDER FOR DIPLOMA IN MELBOURNE???

Post by helana4 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 am

Hi, I am currently completing my Cert III via correspondence and was wondering if anyone recommended any courses for the Diploma?? I don't think I will be able to go to TAFE, as I will have to pay full fees, as I have already completed a different course previously. So most likely I will have to study via correspondence/online. If I were to go to classes, I would only be able to go a couple of days a week, as I will be working.

I don't want to go with my current provider, as they are making me do a lot more work than everyone else who is doing the Cert III.

I know that some courses have the Diploma finished in 8 months, where as TAFE is a 2 year course. Can anyone provide feedback on this? Has anyone done either??

I am looking to do a course, that covers everything that I need to know, but isn't excessively thorough with un-neccesary questions (eg: 5 detailed questions on hand washing etc).

Also do you need to do a baby study or anything similar with the Diploma?

Thanks!

Lorina

Re: WHICH TAFE/PROVIDER FOR DIPLOMA IN MELBOURNE???

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi Helana,

Have you thought about doing a Diploma traineeship. It is government funded and is available in Vic. maybe it's an option you can consider looking into.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:27 pm

I am currently studying at VIC uni. I attend classes at night, two nights per week from 6-9pm. It is good because there are no classes held during the day, so you can keep working. I am studying my diploma 2 years part time. Plus, you just need to pay for the tuition fees which was $166 for the year. Because I study externally, I don't need to pay the amenities fees. Hope this helps you. I highly recommend study with Vic uni. We mainly get assignments, not much homework. but we also do a lot of presentations. We don't get unnecessary questions such as 5 detailed questions on handwashing etc.

helana4
Participator
Participator

Post by helana4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for the advice L.A and Syakira. It's greatly appreciated.

Both options look like something I need to research and look into further.

Thanks again :)

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Sorry I made a mistake.

Tuition fees are FREE.

you just got to pay for the course fee materials such as handouts etc.

What about studying at Kangan and batman Tafe. they also have night classes two times a week.

omer

Post by omer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Hie
What does VIC stand for ... i want to do a diploma !!!!! i am low on money please recommend me a good institute!!

syakira
Helper
Helper

Post by syakira » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 am

Vic Uni is Victoria University.