indoor natural resources and the childrens home life

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Harmony
Participator
Participator

indoor natural resources and the childrens home life

Post by Harmony » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I work within the 0-2 room and I need more natural resources and more of the children's home life within the room. So far we have brought in a wooden table, we have natural resources such as pine cones and sand, we are getting some small potplants for inside and are going to do a nature collage on a table. In regards to the child's home life I am a bit stuck, we have family photos and that is about it. We have also been trying to doddicatd areas rather than lots of paper on the wall. If you have ideas you mightb like to share please please do!

Keta1992

Re: indoor natural resources and the childrens home life

Post by Keta1992 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Hey, so i know you have already said you have family photos but have you also considered the way you display them? I mean think about you have your photos at home... I recently started to display mine in photo frames on the wall just with the glass taken out and laminated, i've had a lot of great responses from parents and the children love looking at them pointing at them and sharing sibling and pets names etc... Also another thought depending on how young your 0-2s are you could do something like a room pet.. Just keep it simple with a toy cat or dog or some other commen pet and name it take it for a walk etc.. Great if you know one of your children has a pet at home, its a familar part of home life that you can bring into the centre. I hope some of thats useful or triggers other ideas that are..