room change

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
123gcj

room change

Post by 123gcj » Wed May 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi everyone well what a strange day i had at work today. We had are Area manager visit today and for whatever reason she targeted me and my room. Well i really am so lost she wants us to take down all the childrens artwork in the room all the bright decoration basically everything and have a blank boring room. Place some photos around the room at eye level. Mostly on about bringing in the environment. such as tree branches etc.
Big into seeing no more structure she doesn't want to see mat time making children sit in groups. she wants to see one educator to 4 children in groups set up around the room. But then in the next sentence she said she still wants to see the children having set structure having lunch together. Making sure the room gets cleaned but yet more full on interation with the children. So lost is anyone else having this happen at there centre? please share with me and please share any great ideas on how i can make the room more appealing in a environmental way on a next to nothing budget???
thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Thu May 10, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

crideen

Re: room change

Post by crideen » Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 pm

OMG thats rediculous... ok so yeh bring in some greenery and make things more natural but why take out everything else. Ive just been hastled at work from the owner of the centre about our room being too bare... ( our other director told us if our todds werent cleaning up or co-operating she was fine with us taking it back a notch and starting from basics teaching the children basic self help skills... take down all old art work and obviously put up new ones... add more literature etc etc so we have done) anyways it seems like NO ONE is happy... and with no real guidelines anymore.... its a big pain in the butt!! and theres too many chiefs not enough indians!!