Which Learning Outcome Do I Use

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Deana DOS
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Which Learning Outcome Do I Use

Post by Deana DOS » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:14 pm

Hello Everyone

I work in OSHC and every Friday two children are chosen ( name pulled out of a container ) to take home our mascots, a bear each.
I am curious as to which learning outcome, everyone feels this would fall into.

Thank you in advance.

Deana Bloom

Lorina

Re: Which Learning Outcome Do I Use

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 pm

It could be:

2: Children Are Connected With And Contribute To Their World

2.3 - Children become aware of fairness

:geek:,
Lorina

davidoliver

Re: Which Learning Outcome Do I Use

Post by davidoliver » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:55 am

Hello Deana Bloom,

The activity you described, where two children are selected to take home the mascots, can align with several learning outcomes in an Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) setting. Here are a few possibilities:

Social and Emotional Development: By having the opportunity to take the mascots home, children can develop a sense of responsibility and ownership. They may feel proud and excited about being chosen and entrusted with the mascots, fostering their self-esteem and self-confidence.

Communication and Language Skills: The children who take the mascots home can engage in storytelling and share their experiences with the class upon their return. This can enhance their communication skills, vocabulary, and ability to express themselves effectively.

Collaboration and Relationships: The selection process can provide opportunities for collaboration and cooperation among children. They can discuss and decide how to care for the mascots during their time at home, which promotes teamwork and the development of positive relationships with their peers.

Cultural Appreciation and Diversity: If the mascots have cultural significance or represent different backgrounds, taking them home can introduce children to different cultures, traditions, and perspectives. This promotes cultural appreciation, understanding, and respect among the children.

Responsibility and Care: Taking the mascots home involves caring for them, which can help children understand the importance of responsibility and nurturing. They learn about meeting the needs of others, such as feeding, cleaning, and providing comfort to the mascots.

It's important to note that the specific learning outcome can vary depending on the age group, the curriculum framework being followed, and the goals of the OSHC program. Therefore, it would be beneficial to align this activity with the specific learning outcomes outlined in your program or curriculum guidelines.

By incorporating opportunities like the mascot activity, you are providing children with engaging experiences that contribute to their holistic development. Keep up the great work in creating meaningful learning experiences within your OSHC setting!

Best regards,
David Oliver

EDIt: LINK REMOVED