When to write up experiences

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Owain

When to write up experiences

Post by Owain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 pm

today I had a discussion with my co workers in regard to the program, now I am confused. Should you decide on an outcome and experiences for a child in advance and put it in the program ( our program is done monthly.
We do a pre plan for the month ahead, addressing all children- we then have a program with experiences, learning, ect. We write up 1 experience for the week, and each child has a learning story per month.
my question is should you have the experiences for each child done before the month begins, or could you write up the experiences as they do them and choose the richest ones to write up. I understand that intentional teaching and planning come into it, but I would include this in my learning story.where to next? What do you think? I wonder if doing the planning a month in advance has a lot of loop holes.

Lorina

Re: When to write up experiences

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:29 am

When writing up experiences in advance these should be based upon the observations you collect or extension ideas from your daily diary/learning stories. I think having a monthly program doesn't enable children to develop their interest and learning proficiently. By the time you get around extending on their interest they will have moved on to something else or begun to develop another skill. Why not try a weekly program?

:geek:,
L.A