The cycle of programming

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nutsy123

The cycle of programming

Post by nutsy123 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:08 pm

I think I have gotten a little confused with the cycle of programming. Do you have to write up the experience before you implement it, having an intended outcome before you start. Or can you pick the outcome that best suits the learning involved after you have done the activity? A co worker said that by doing this as the learning occurs would be more of a reflection. I am now unsure of the process. Could anyone shed some light on the steps in the cycle of programming. Thanks in advance.

rikamarie

Re: The cycle of programming

Post by rikamarie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi. Yes definitely choose the outcomes after the activity is done as part of the reflection.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 pm

When adding experiences onto the program it's best to have the learning outcome already determined before implementing the experience. This is because the learning outcome is a "goal" the children should achieve or work towards when engaging in the experience you provide. So, for example one of my experiences for today is "Outdoor Obstacle Course" the learning outcome I have already determined is 3.2. When I evaluate and reflect on this particular experience in the daily diary I can provide details on how the children achieved the learning outcome based on their interaction with the Obstacle Course.

If you just wait for the children to complete an experience and then just write up a learning outcome that best fits that doesn't really serve the purpose of evaluating and reflecting on how the children achieved the learning outcome...

All the learning outcomes are a goals the children should be achieving or working towards based on the experiences you provide and this can't be successfully evaluated unless they are pre-determined in order for you to observed if the children have been successful or not.

Hope this clears up any confusion,

Let me know if you need further help,

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:37 pm

For pre planned activities (follow ups, extensions, input) I have planned outcomes. Only for spontaneous activities I add the learning outcome after the activity took place.

Smiley

Post by Smiley » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 pm

I do same as Catchme. Learning outcomes r the goals for activity. Means that they should be planned b4 doing activity.

:D