linking principles and practices to learning stories

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
c-c-c-casey

linking principles and practices to learning stories

Post by c-c-c-casey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello guys and girls!! first time poster long time lover of the site!!!
I am currently training up to be the pannagotchy (think thats how you spell it??) leader for my centre and my director has asked if i could create a new template for our learning stories which i have happily done except she has asked me to include linking to the principles and practices as well as theorists, EYLF and Developmental milestones. Now the trouble is that i am using the explanations of each principle and practice from this site (Which i love) but i find them to be more related to the evaluation of our daily program and how we are fostering these outcomes and cant quite get my head around how i can link a childs learning story to these meanings of the principles and practices. So in short is their any way anyone could help me understand how to link our principles and practices into our childrens learning story!!
Hope this makes sense!!
Regards! Casey

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: linking principles and practices to learning stories

Post by dulciean » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello Casey
Do you mean ' pedagogy' leader?
And welcome to the Forum ! :)

c-c-c-casey

Post by c-c-c-casey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 am

hahaha probably i just spelt it how it sounds =D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 am

Hi Casey,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave: and Congratulations on your new role!

Why don't you just list the Principle and Practice that the Learning Story relates to ...For example: Principle 1 - Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships and Practice 2 - Responsiveness to children. If the LS has more than one Principle and Practice that it relates too than just add it to the list. I believe that it is not necessary to include definitions for everything...

Have you checked out our Learning Story template in Online Tools ?

:geek:,
L.A