Linking EYLF to Developmental Milestones

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
didadi
Participator
Participator

Linking EYLF to Developmental Milestones

Post by didadi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi Everyone:
I am wondering when you are doing the program link to EYLF, how can you show you covered all developmental areas? Are you just put any indicate underneath or you use different ways? I've found have lots area need to be covered in the planning. Don't know if I am doing right. Currently I covered language development,physical development,social and emotional development and cognitive development. Did I cover all areas?
Love to hear from everyone:)
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Involving all developmental areas in the program

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:23 am

The EYLF Learning Outcomes kind of replace the developmental areas. What I mean is each of the five learning outcomes covers a developmental domain. So, if you are adding experiences to a specific learning outcome then in my opinion you are covering a developmental domain within your documentation. Since the EYLF has been established I don't think it's necessary to refer back to each developmental domain as the EYLF Learning Outcomes already reflect this.

I'm attaching a document which details each of the developmental milestones that corresponds with the EYLF Learning Outcomes.

[attachment=0]EYLF & Developmental Milestones.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this supports your understanding,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

didadi
Participator
Participator

Re: Linking EYLF to Developmental Milestones

Post by didadi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks L.A, you have been so helpful, this is exactually what I want. Thank you so much:)