Linking child obs and learning storys

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
emilysnan

Linking child obs and learning storys

Post by emilysnan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am

Had a visit from FDC office yesterday,they want OBS and Learning stories of the children linked to my program,do I use a code or childs first name,or is thier a better way, dont really want to use name as I have a special needs child,any sugestions,would be a great help. Love this site .

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Re: Linking child obs and learning storys

Post by jrw60 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi emilysnan,

I use codes - my Group Learning Stories are G1, G2 etc, Individual ones are childrens initials eg JW1, JW2 etc. For follow on activities I put FOG1, FOJW2 etc. I have a friend who just uses dates - would be interested to know what others do, always on the look out for new ideas...can your scheme help if you ask what is best?

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:35 am

I use the shortened Ob/Learning story childs initials and date

e.g. OB SS 150212

which would have been Observation Sue Smith 15/02/12

or

LS SS 150212

which would have been Learning Story Sue Smith 15/02/12

The bits in bold are what I add to my diary. I find this to be easy to know exactly what type of documentation it is the child and the date it was taken by a quick glance at my diary page.

emilysnan

Post by emilysnan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:44 am

Thank You jrw60 and Lindy T yo have been a big help .have a great day

kaz31

Post by kaz31 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi!
I was using numbers for each child ie C1 C2 etc. But with kids moving up into the next room and new kids coming into the room all year it gets a bit hard. So I have just been putting down the bottom of the observation the date in which the activity has been implemented in the program. If the ob was used for an activity for a program for the week of say 17th June then I just put that date on the bottom of the ob for reference. That way the ob is linked to the program. Hope this makes sense ;)