How To Future Plan Activities/Ideas On Observations

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
xox_nicole

How To Future Plan Activities/Ideas On Observations

Post by xox_nicole » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm

hi everyone,

i am new to this. currently studying my cert III i am finding that often i am asked for future planning ideas to go with observations and i am really struggling for ideas in this area. Please can people add any ideas that might have suitable for 4/5 year olds.

thank you all in advance.
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: future planning ideas

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:40 am

It really depends on the observation when it comes to future planning ideas. You can't just randomly pick one... After you have finished your observation, you will need to come up with an experience that either supports the child's development, skill or interest (depending on what you focused on during the observation).

For e.g. If I did an observation of a child who was having difficulty holding scissors correctly and cutting. The future planning ideas will be - working on the child's fine motor skills such as play dough, clay, beading, using tongs and threading to build upon the child's finger muscles needed for cutting.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A