Help on how to do Portfolios using EYLF

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
charline
Participator
Participator

Help on how to do Portfolios using EYLF

Post by charline » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi there

I am new to doing portfolios. The old system was difficult, but this new system seems more difficult to understand. Can you assist me in explaining how should I go about this.

Are centres allowed to carry on doing portfolios the old way using a developmental sections eg.language, social/emotional etc... from now on that the EYLF is out.Or does it depend on that particular centre.

Thanks
Childcare worker

charline
Participator
Participator

Re: Help on how to do Portfolios using EYLF

Post by charline » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 pm

I wanted to how to do observations using the EYLF system.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Charline,
I am new to doing portfolios. The old system was difficult, but this new system seems more difficult to understand. Can you assist me in explaining how should I go about this.

Well what I add to each child's portfolios at the moment are learning stories, child observations, photos of special events that the child participated in and samples of child's work. We also try to get parent feedback to add into their portfolios to add to the program as "parent input". This could simply be a sheet saying What did you do on the weekend or Child's Interests with a short questionnaire. With every document that I add I make sure that it is all linked to the EYLF Learning Outcomes, Principles and Practices... Basically a portfolio is made up of the evidence of a child's learning (or) a view into the child's "school" life...

Are centres allowed to carry on doing portfolios the old way using a developmental sections eg.language, social/emotional etc

Now that the EYLF has been released it's best to change each developmental sections to each of the five EYLF learning outcomes.. I just completed half yearly reports and each section was divided up into the each of the Learning Outcomes...

I wanted to how to do observations using the EYLF system.

Child observations does change a little to fit into the elements of the EYLF.If you haven't already take a look at the article I wrote called "EYLF Documentation & Planning". At the bottom I write about Child Observations. This should give you an idea about how to do Child Observations using the EYLF... Click here to read...

Let me know if I can help you further...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

charline
Participator
Participator

Post by charline » Sun May 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi LA

Thanks for help.

Kind regards
Charline

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:48 pm

We have just released new Portfolio templates. These templates are premium templates and you will need to make a donation of AUD $25/- or more to be able to download the Portfolio templates.

The Portfolio templates have been designed with simplicity in mind. We understand that Portfolio’s are special and provide a keepsake to each family of the learning journey their child has been on throughout the year. The Portfolio templates are bright and colourful, attractively designed, professional looking, links to the EYLF and curriculum and all you need to use to create a complete Portfolio. There are a total of 12 Portfolio templates that are easy and simple to use and are available in both Online Tools Fillable Version and a Print Only Version.

For more information on how to download the portfolio templates, read the following:
http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/p ... plates.php

Cheers,

:geek:,
L.A

Kinderloop

Post by Kinderloop » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 pm

We are working with Alina Dan who has helped with best practice on Portfolios and EYLF, she has also helped us implement Kinderloop which simplifies our reporting and updates parents in real time.