EYLF outcomes

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kathy9617

EYLF outcomes

Post by kathy9617 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:29 pm

HI

I have just started working in the 3-5 room in a childcare centre. I have been out of childcare for a good few years, been mainly in schools. I am just getting to grips with the EYLF. I seem to have so much to write! Every lunch I am doing profiles and writing on the sheet plus going into work at the weekends!

Anyway, I have a question which is really confusing me - the outcomes that I write on the bottom of the LJ, are they the outcomes that the children have met from the LJ or are they they outcomes that will be achieved from the 'I wonder' part?

Any info would be much appreciated :)

Lorina

Re: EYLF outcomes

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Kathy,
Anyway, I have a question which is really confusing me - the outcomes that I write on the bottom of the LJ, are they the outcomes that the children have met from the LJ or are they outcomes that will be achieved from the 'I wonder' part?

Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to?? Could you please explain it further or put up a sample of this particular document so I can help you out.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

kathy9617

Post by kathy9617 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:47 pm

On the learning journey there is a place to put outcomes achieved. Is this the outcome that has been achieved from the learning journey or is it what is going to be achieved from the i wonder part?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Kathy,

I'm still not sure which document you are using but to me the "outcomes achieved" sounds like the ones from the learning story. The "I wonder" part can possibly include outcomes/goals for the follow up learning experience. Although, I'm not entirely sure...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

justathought
Participator
Participator

Post by justathought » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 am

I would put outcomes acheived from the learning journey then in the I wonder part you could use outcomes the child could acheive in follow up experiences, Im pretty sure, just like L.A. said.

thubten_399

Post by thubten_399 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 pm

hey there Kathy. I agree with justathought. If the child achieves the outcome then note this achievement. If the child does not or only parts of, then this outcome can be written up for the next day for the child/children focusing on the section of the outcome that was not achieved. I am also new to EYLF, but this is the information I have been given. I hope this helps.
Good luck.

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Post by jrw60 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm certainly no expert, but on my Learning Stories I have included the following:

Development towards EYLF outcomes:
Emerging in familiar situations or with explicit support
Exploring in familiar situations or with occasional support or prompting
Extending in new situations with occasional support or prompting

I highlight the bits I feel apply to the child's learning in the current story and keep track in their individual record books. I found this and other ideas in the Qld Studies Authority info online (Qld Kindy guidelines). It made sense to me as I feel we are working towards the outcomes and it's the child's progress towards achieving the outcomes which we need to document.

As I said, I could be wrong but thought it may help others.