download of templates

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nannajac

download of templates

Post by nannajac » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 am

hi , i am unable to download any templates i have a laptop with windows 8.1 installed and i have the latest version of adobe installed version 11 and it iss set to automatically update but i cannot download any templates as it says i need to update to latest version !!

Lorina

Re: download of templates

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi nannajac,

It appears your browser is trying to open these downloaded templates and thats why you see this error message. The browser plugin does not have full features to properly open these files and when they dont understand how to display the form, it usually complains about updating Adobe Reader which can be misleading. The solution is simple - you just need to open these downloaded templates directly through your Adobe Reader program and that will work with no trouble. Here are the steps:

1) Go to the Download page.

2) When you download the file, right click on the download file link and choose "Save Links As" on Firefox (or) "Download Linked File As" on Safari (or) “Save Target As” on Internet Explorer.

3) Save this file in a location on your computer.

4) Now minimize your browser and go to the folder location on your computer where you saved this file.

5) Double click on the filename to open it directly using the default Adobe Reader program. This should now open the file through your Adobe Reader instead of using the browser plug-in.

The above method should work. Please try the above steps and let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Lorina.

nannajac

Post by nannajac » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:59 pm

dear lorina ,thank you very much if only id known it was as easy as that ! worked a treat thanks again

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:12 am

No problem! Happy to hear that you got it working!

Enjoy the templates!

:geek:,
Lorina