Do I need two plans or one plan for both kinder group?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Kristy.k

Do I need two plans or one plan for both kinder group?

Post by Kristy.k » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 am

Hi I am a diploma I have just been asked to run the kinder program at our centre we have two groups I was just wondering am I suppose to do two plans one for each group? Or just the one plan for both when I ask people they have no idea I am so confused I would really appreciate the help thanks in advance oh and I am located in vic

Lorina

Re: Do I need two plans or one plan for both kinder group?

Post by Lorina » Thu May 01, 2014 2:24 am

So when you say there are 2 Kindy groups does this mean that children come on different days considering which group they are in or there are too many children for one group so your'e splitting it into 2 groups? Sorry, it may seem like a silly question I just don't want to give you the wrong info...

:geek:,
L.A

Kristy.k

Post by Kristy.k » Thu May 01, 2014 8:40 am

No it isn't silly at all I didn't explain yes it is two different lots of children because there is to many to come on one day

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 01, 2014 3:16 pm

If you can incorporate the two groups into the one program the I think you can just stick with one program. Although in saying this, both groups will probably have different group interests etc that's why on the one program you need to specify if their are certain activities/experiences only available for group 1 or group 2. You could do this buy using a certain colour for each group or a code. You will find that some activities will probably stay the same for both groups such as your intentional teaching, school, readiness etc which is fine but group 1 may have an interest in dinosaurs and group 2 an interest in cooking. With these experiences you can highlight the specific group within the one curriculum plan. Also, with adding Obs, child input etc. to the program plan according to the different groups etc. you can use the same colour code you would use for each of the different groups. For example: Toby from group 1 follow up experience is finger painting so on the program you can highlight this blue and Sarah from group 2 follow up experience is cutting so on the program you can highlight this green if you were using blue or green as each of the group colours.

So, basically on one program you are incorporating each of the groups. This way. You don't have to double up on paperwork etc. just make sure you are easily able to identify which groups are doing which experiences if necessary and you are able to clearly identify experiences for individual children etc.

Hope this makes sense,

I also found this which may be useful to you:

QLD Learning Guideline

:geek:,
L.A

Kristy.k

Post by Kristy.k » Fri May 02, 2014 9:22 am

Thank you so much for your help I appraticate