Curriculum Plan, Daily or Weekly?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Jodie79

Curriculum Plan, Daily or Weekly?

Post by Jodie79 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 pm

I was just wondering is it better to do a weekly or daily curriculum plan I work with 15mth - 2yrs olds and find it hard to keep up with daily plans but also hard to plan a week a head,
Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Jodie79

Jodie79

Re: Curriculum Plan, Daily or Weekly?

Post by Jodie79 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Well ive just finshed doing up a weekly plan so I will see how that works! :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 am

I always did a weekly one, daily was just too much and got too hectic

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi Jodie,

How did your weekly plan go?

When implementing the curriculum plan I found it easier to do a weekly one. Even though a daily plan is a great option on extending on interests etc, unfortunately we don't always have the time to complete a plan each day. Are you do a daily dairy each day? From this you can extend upon the activities the children were involved in and add to the following weeks curriculum plan. For e.g. on Tuesday just say the children were interested in a book you read during group time on animals, so during the day you added animal figurines to block corner, you had a group discussion on animals, etc. On the following Tuesday you can extend upon their interest further by making animal masks, identifying animals in their habitats, adding pictures of animals to drawing area etc. You will add these extension ideas onto the following weeks curriculum plan. As long as you are keeping a daily dairy which reflects what the children were interested in and what experiences they engaged in throughout the day, this will enable you to keep track on what experiences to add to the following weeks curriculum plan.

Also, the curriculum plan is a general guide only. You will need to be flexible. Sometimes it isn't possible to do everything that is written on the curriculum plan or other spontaneous experiences/learning occurs... It's more important to follow children's interests and to extend on spontaneous experiences than to complete what's on the program... when this occurs make sure it is documented!

Hopefully this gives you a bit of an idea,

Cheers,

:geek:
L.A

Smiley

Post by Smiley » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 am

Daily. Follow up then & there without having 2 wait next week. Lots of resources & stuff 2 use at the centre & get plenty of time to plan for following day. Group of children usually are same for 4 to 5 days, always something new to do or new interest to develop.

:D