Cloth Nappy policy

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
LindyT
Coach
Coach

Cloth Nappy policy

Post by LindyT » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Does anyone have a policy on using cloth nappies in a EC setting.

I have a friend thats a FDCer she is looking to go cloth and her scheme has no cloth policyand she would like to have a look at a one.

Thanks if anyone could help would be appreciated

Lorina

Re: Cloth Nappy policy

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi Lindy,

Just had a search through the Childcare Regulations and on nappies all the it states is the following:
102 Nappy changing facilities

If children who wear nappies are cared for or educated by a children's service, the licensee must ensure that adequate and age appropriate facilities are provided for changing nappies in a safe and hygienic manner.

I also found a document (attached below) which gives a brief explanation on the different policies and practices in FDC. It mentions in some points about the use of cloth nappies in a FDC setting. From what I gather if you are using cloth nappies there are some requirements you will need to follow to ensure that it’s done in a hygienic manner.

[attachment=0]FDCModelPolicies.pdf[/attachment]
Hopefully this info helps out your friend,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Cloth Nappy policy

Post by LindyT » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks L.A have passed it on to her.