ClassMon

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

ClassMon

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Came across this software called ClassMon today
Has anyone had any experience of it?
Watched a demo vid of it on YouTube and seemed pretty cool, in the fact it can make things a tad more organised and make sure everything is linked to the EYLF, in case you are confused how to do that etc

Anyway just wondered if anyone had actually used it or heard of it

fifi31

Re: ClassMon

Post by fifi31 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Fefe

I am very interested in ClassMon and as far as I understand it is only offered to Daycare centres or schools, you have to have a certain amount of children for them to give you the software. I wanted the software to download onto my computer as a personal use but I don't think they do that. It looks fantastic doesn't it?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm

It did seem pretty good and seemed to make things easier to do.
I think it is kind of good for a centre since it means all the teachers would be doing the same thing however I was, too,
like yourself interested in purchasing it for my own use. Perhaps email and find out, they may do it.

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 am

Ive just come across raise learning - this looks very similiar aswell maybe a bit cheaper even :-)) ooooh how I wish I could buy this

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:03 am

Kristy - i did see the raise learning one too but didnt watch the vid and there didnt seem to be much info about what it did, will watch the vid after work today, like ClassMon as you can get ones for your particular state which makes it good as well

some ppl may be skeptical about using softwares to make portfolios, do obs, put in child data etc but I think its a very good way to save time and make sure that everything is consistantly in the same format, layout etc
we are opening a new childcare centre in my town soon so I will def be putting forward that we get some software for the teachers to use so that everyone in the centre is on the same page and doing the same thing and there is no confusion whatsoever as to how or where or what

really want to find someone who has or is actually using these softwares to see if they are as good in practice as they seem in theory!

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 am

I definitely agree but yes watch the video because I thought it looked fantastic - in saying that I havent looked at classmon yet..

My biggest thing is my writing, i type alot faster, and my writing is appauling :D

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 am

i hear you!
i type faster too and always found it hard fitting my obs in the given spaces!!
will check out the video later, totally forgot to do it last night!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Kristy - looked at the raise learning one and seemed good but somehow I still prefer the ClassMon

If I am ever in a position to implement software I will probably look into both more closely but at this point I am leaning towards ClassMon.
Just wish these things were available for individual use :(

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:26 pm

I know because its a bit pricey - we have about 91 on our database for oshc and I was thinking I could just purchase it myself and get all organised but yikes thatd be my wages :-(( and something I dont think the director would look at

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Hopefully early next year I may be in a Director's position so will def try and get one of these softwares in my centre, i think it would help a heap
Can't wait