Being, Belonging, Becoming

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MissAmy

Being, Belonging, Becoming

Post by MissAmy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 am

Hi all, I want to do a display for my parents (and to help me better understand) the concept of Being, Belonging and Becoming. I was going to put up the word (eg BEING) and what the EYLF says (Childhood is a time to be...etc) then display photo's of the children doing things that cover that topic. I feel a little bit lost when it comes to the 3 B's though, am I on the right track with this (I am in the Toddler room):

Being: mirror play, play with friends, play that has made them smile/laugh

Belonging: cuddling staff and friends, looking comfortable (ie relaxing in book corner)

Becoming: ????? would this be like dress up's?

Can you give me more ideas or where I could find more information on these? Thank you

Lorina

Re: Being, Belonging, Becoming

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Miss Amy,

I'm actually half way through designing display posters for the EYLF which also includes Belonging, Being and Becoming to make them available for educators on this site. Kind of similar to your idea... Great minds think alike! :giggle:

In the article "Understanding EYLF' in Wiki (Childcare Programming) I have including strategies that support each of the 3 'B's. This should help you get some ideas...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

MissAmy

Re: Being, Belonging, Becoming

Post by MissAmy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Great minds DO think alike :clap:

Thank you for the link, I shall read it straight away