Director Interview

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Director Interview

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Have an interview for a Directors position on Fri... what possible questions do you think they may ask?

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: Director Interview

Post by dulciean » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

hi- Sorry I'm not sure about the questions- but wanted to say 'how exciting!' and best of luck ! :clap:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Congrats Fefe! I'm sure all will go well for tomorrows interview! You have been in the industry a long time and have gained a lot of experience.. You also seem to be a confident woman so I doubt you will have any issues with the questions that they will ask.

Some of the question would probably be scenario based such as how you deal with staff grievances, parental concerns etc. They may also ask you about your understanding on the EYLF, NQS, Regulations, ideas for quality improvement, your experience thus far, your strengths and weaknesses, what you want to gain, if you have developed centre policies and procedures, how would you incorporate the centre philosophy, whether or not you have had experience with Childcare software ( NumeroPro, QikKids), how you would overcome challenges....

It really depends on the centre and the person doing the interview... They could ask you all the above or ask you just about the framework, regulations, national law etc...

I really wish you all best and look forward in hearing how it goes!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 pm

I was thinking about you today, how did your interview go? Did you get asked any tough questions? How was the centre?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 am

Small centre but seemed ok. Interview went well so hopefully something good comes of it. Let's see