Community Based Daycare vs Commercial Centres

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
billiemama

Re: Community Based Daycare vs Commercial Centres

Post by billiemama » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 am

Hi Lorina,

Thankyou so much for your help!

I went to have a look at the community centre one! its NQS is exceeding however i just felt it wasnt right!

From the moment i walked in it did not feel clean, the lady that showed me around was wonderful! The toys outside had been disgusting, and in the babies room they are all 15-18 months old no one younger.
The rooms had been so hot inside, not sure if they had aircon or not!
Honeslt dont understand why these centres are getting rated so high, nor do i understand why we dont have much of a option. My next option is to travel 20mins away. However i did see a sign about a new centre opening close by soon so hopefully that might be good. Ill have to contct the to get more info.

Thank you

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Community Based Daycare vs Commercial Centres

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am

It doesn't matter where you go there is good and bad everywhere. Have you thought about Family Day Care? there is never anymore than 4 little ones in the group .
I would suggest if you change to go for at least two play long visits, stay there and watch what goes on, if the centre or family day care don't allow it don't go there.
They should absolutely have something suitable for your child to eat, thats crazy.
In saying all that I find that a little one coming for one day a week find it harder to adjust as it is a big gap in between day care days for such a little one. So after easter that will change for you, spend this time to find somewhere where you and your precious baby will be happy.
You shouldn't have to ask what is done, it should be visible and they should show you when you go for an interview and if you go for enough play visits you will be able to see for yourself.

Linsaa fdc :wave: