Wages After Finishing Diploma Qualification

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
cloud

Wages After Finishing Diploma Qualification

Post by cloud » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:36 am

I have just finished my diploma study and passed my qualification to the office. I expected for pay raise,but unfortunately,nothing happened.I asked my manager,she said that I am not qualified,but she will ask her boss. I am casual staff of that centre. and my classmate is casual of good start,she has got pay raise as qualified assistant. I felt so frustrated for that.what can I do?

Lorina

Re: Wages After Finishing Diploma Qualification

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Why are they telling you that you are not qualified if you have given them your calculation as evidence? If they are not going to pay you for your qualification, maybe it's better to go find casual work somewhere else...

:geek:,
Lorina

cloud

Post by cloud » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:01 am

Lorina wrote:Why are they telling you that you are not qualified if you have given them your calculation as evidence? If they are not going to pay you for your qualification, maybe it's better to go find casual work somewhere else...

Lorina
Thank you lorina.
I stay because I want to wait see if they can change their mind.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Yes, but don't wait too long!

Lorina

carlylee

Post by carlylee » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:29 pm

what if you were first employed as an assistant and then you
were qualified, but still work as an assistant. are you
entitled to group leader pay or assistant pay?

thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:31 am

Since you are a Diploma qualified you will be paid a Diploma Qualified assistant wage (if this makes sense)... More than a cert 3 but less than a room leader. As a Diploma qualified assistant you are a Level 3.4 (according to the Children's Services Award) and you're pay rate is $28.33/per hour as a casual.

Lorina

cloud

Post by cloud » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:46 am

Lorina wrote:Since you are a Diploma qualified you will be paid a Diploma Qualified assistant wage (if this makes sense)... More than a cert 3 but less than a room leader. As a Diploma qualified assistant you are a Level 3.4 (according to the Children's Services Award) and you're pay rate is $28.33/per hour as a casual.

Lorina
now I am 3.3, my center other casual diploma are 4.3. my room lead says the center should pay me as 4.3 too,because I am casual.