Interview Question - Child's Developmental Progress

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Interview Question - Child's Developmental Progress

Post by Rencia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:39 pm

I had an interview at kindergarten for an assistant position and I had so many questions 1 of them was "what would I do if a parent approaches me and ask me about their child's development progress". I wasn't sure what to say because I have only worked in UK before and there is a bit different system and the Assistant needs to answer all parents questions and ask a room leader for help only in case of parents complains. How it works in here? They were happy with me but unfortunately they already had 1 student and needed qualified teacher so I didn't get that job but I would love to know what I should answer in case I get that question again somewhere else.

Lorina

Re: Interview Question - Child's Developmental Progress

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:25 pm

If a parent asks about their child's development you could tell them about what the types of activities their child participated in throughout the day that focuses on their development. You should also refer the parent to the room leader who would be able to discuss further details about their child's progress of development. Here, the room leader has to discuss development, issues and concerns etc. with the parent...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Interview Question - Child's Developmental Progress

Post by Rencia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Thank you so much Lorina! I can see that the Assistant doesn't have too much responsibilities in here.