developmental records

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
grandma
Participator
Participator

developmental records

Post by grandma » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 am

Hello Every one
Could someone please tell me if the developmental records still need to be done eg; under headings of Gross Motor fine Motor etc.
I dont believe we will need them any more with EYLF however our co ordinators are still using them. I would like to be able to discuss this further with them.
thanks
Grandma

Lorina

Re: developmental records

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi Grandma,

From what I know the developmental records don't need to be used anymore. Instead of the "developmental areas" the EYLF incorporates the Learning Outcomes (which can also fit into the developmental areas e.g. Gross Motor Development - L/O 3 Children have a strong sense of well-being - Language Development - L/O 5 Children are effective communicators etc.).

I think when we got used to using the developmental areas and focussed a lot on what milestones a child should be reaching for their age group. Since the EYLF has come into place it offers us an overview of goals and evaluates the learning that takes place.

Hopefully this clears it up,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey L.A

our parents have requested reports and meetings. how can we go about sending a report home that is EYLF based?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Good idea about the reports... Haven't even thought about it as yet! I am currently working on EYLF classroom displays which can be included in children's displays that can be put up on the walls...

Not too sure as yet which way to go with reports... You could do an overall summary for each individual child on Belonging, Being and Becoming or a summary on each of the learning outcomes. Although, I still think that this can be simplified so it doesn't include so much paperwork!

After I finish the EYLF classroom displays then I'll go about creating a report template which can be used...

Thanks for the idea!

:geek: L.A

justme

Post by justme » Wed May 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Dont forget that DEC will still need to see evidence of record keeping and developmental progress.

For us this is developmental records with the 5 learning outcome headings (not gross/fine/cognitive etc).

We then keep a copy of this record at the centre and the rest of the observations and learning stories go home at the end of the year.

Miss_Annette

Post by Miss_Annette » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi there
youre welcome for the idea
i used some transition reports on a website i came across for the kindy programming and just simplfied it for mid year reports. so instead of ticking boxes that specify milestones this one is personalised for each chikd. so it has a picture of the child in the middle and their name. then 3 boxes.
1. i really enjoy....
2. Sometimes i need help with...
3. My current interests are...

Just something to note where the childs at what they may need jelp with like "remembering to do wees kn toilet or to use my gentle hands " etc
I jst dnt know how to upload pictures or docs on here lol but im happy to email same with program templates i have made and documentation forms??