Need help with RPL

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
catnap
Helper
Helper

Need help with RPL

Post by catnap » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi! I am new and hope someone can assist me. I have previously passed 6 modules in Cert III Children's Services and currently enrolled in Cert 4 OSHC. As it has been 4-5 yrs since I passed the modules, I am currently undergoing bridging Units of RPL. I have completed the questions so far and that part is okay. The hard part is providing the supporting evidence! My trainer told me to look at a Policy relating to children at risk. My trainer also said to perhaps to the following may help me...child protection, code of conduct and Assistant job decription. How would I go about submitting the evidence once I look at the Policy? For eg: I have read the Policy how would I attach this as proof of evidence? Would I have to put it into writing that I have read the Policy and undertand it? The reason my trainer is recommended this, is due to the fact I have not completed any workshops in the past, and she feels loiking at the Policy ect will help me. I have to complete 6 of these and finding this evidence part hard!
Hope someone can point me in the right direction!

Cheers!
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from general discussion forum

Annie1

Re: Need help with RPL

Post by Annie1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 am

Hi yes I was in this situation as well and in the end have scraped the idea of RPLs as it was way to hard and ended up just doing the assignments this was alot faster! I couldn't understand what they wanted!!
I was lucky and had it carried over from my cert iii education support! good luck mate but i think you would be better off doing this module as it was an easy one anyway.

catnap
Helper
Helper

Re: Need help with RPL

Post by catnap » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Annie,
Since I made the posting I have been informed to obtain as much as I can off the internet relating to the subject. As in child abuse, policies, assistant job desciption to present as evidence. I was also told to obtain a copy of policies and job descitpion at the Centre where I am undergoing Prac. BUT alas..due to their rules they will not allow me to photo copy! The Director said to just put down I have sighted them. Yes, it is hard to obtain the evidence, but will plod along. Hope I can find some websites to obtain the info for my trainer.Alot of told me is is harder, but it will work out cheaper. My course is specifally for OSHC, so once I finish the RPL I will have about 9 proper modules to tackle! I just want a part time job as an assistant in a school based OSHC. ( I am almsot 51 and have BIG kids at home) I am in a Child Care Centre at present. If you have any suggestions where I can find Policies let me know! I guess Dept of Communties Services would be okay? I feel I am on the right track a bit now and will do my best. Thanks for your reply
Cheers!