Is the Child Safe Environment course included in your Cert III?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Ash27

Is the Child Safe Environment course included in your Cert III?

Post by Ash27 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi everybody,
I have been following this forum for a few months now and I cant wait to start my Certificate III in Children's Services next semester. I just have one question: I've been looking at some of the jobs I can apply for once I start my course, and a few of them say that I need my Child Safe Environment certificate. Is anybody able to tell me if this is included in the course units when you do your certificate III, or is it a short course which you have to do on top of your certificate?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Is the Child Safe Environment course included in your Cert III?

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Ash,

Welcome to the Forum! :wave: Great to have you on board!!

The "Child Safe Environment" certificate isn't available through the certificate 3 course so you will need to obtain this separately. It is however available at TAFE through a one day course. This course is also available online, if you want to complete it online instead (just Google it and you will find where you go and complete it).

I'm also attaching some further information about the Child Safe Environment course:

[attachment=0]Child Safe Environment_Course_Info.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ash27

Re: Is the Child Safe Environment course included in your Cert III?

Post by Ash27 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Thank you so much :)