Hi i'm new :)

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Sarah80

Hi i'm new :)

Post by Sarah80 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say hey and introduce myself, my name is Sarah and this week i'm starting my Certificate III in Children's Services :) I will be doing my placement at my daughter's Kindergarten and next year i hope to get the Kindergarten Assistant position that will become available :) I am 31 and haven't studied for many years and i'm quite nervous to say the least :sweating: ! I'm doing my course online and i'm hoping i'll be able to make it through within 6 months, i would love to get to know some of you !

Sarah :)

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Hi i'm new :)

Post by cathiek » Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Good on you Sarah80 for starting your study. Once you get used to studying again I am sure you will love it! It took me a couple of units to find my feet but then I found I went well. Kindy is a great place to work and there is nothing better than spending your day with the littlies!! What state are you in?
Cathiek

little yellow
Participator
Participator

Post by little yellow » Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Welcome Sarah and congratulations! :)

Sarah80

Post by Sarah80 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks guys :) :) I am in Victoria, whereabouts is everyone else from ?

vivien

Post by vivien » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 pm

any difficulties while doing online course?

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Hey Sarah welcome! I personally am currently living in Thailand, originaly from Sydney though!! I am studying my diploma online!!

Hope you are enjoying your cert 3 so far!!!

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 am

Welcome Sarah I'm sure you will get lots of assistance from ppl on here. Good luck with the studies, once you have a few units under your belt you will find your study feet and method and it will be a breeze from there

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:30 pm

I returned to childcare after 5yrs from not working in it, Than took on my Diplma last year. So Sarah if I can do it as a FT assistant and mum of 3 you can do this :) Just find your way of studying and go for it. If your heart is set on 6months to have it done you will find a way GOOD LUCK

KatieR

Post by KatieR » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi Sarah welcome,I thought I say hi and say I felt excatley the same as you did and hadnt studied for while.I am currently doing my certificert 3 in childcare I been working in industry for 8/half years.But the other ladies are right once you get few assignments going you be fine.I found once I got few assignemts done I got hang of it.This website is excellent it help me so much and everyone been so freindly and helpful. Good luck Sarah :)