A squashy game of hide and seek.
- Outdoor space.
What to do:
- One child is chosen to be the “Sardine” and then goes to hide.
- The rest of the children close their eyes and count to 100 (or) 50. Then they all go and look for the “Sardine”.
- As each player finds the “Sardine”, they must squeeze into the same hiding place.
- Finally, everyone is there – squeezed in like a bunch of sardines.
- The person who found the sardine first, becomes the next “Sardine.”
Hints and Tips:
- Don’t forget to remind the children before they start to keep as quiet as possible while they are hiding.
- If playing in the night time, give each child a torch which they can use to search for the “Sardine”.
- When playing with a large group of children, split them up into pairs or teams.