Encourage child to observe and listen for clues to find the object within the area.
- At least 2 children.
What to do:
- Tell the child you are going to find something in the room, that they can see but you are not going to tell them what it is. You will only give them a clue. Then they have to try and find it by naming the item they think it is.
- Say “I spy with my little eye something beginning with ? (whatever letter)”.
- Child has to look around the room try and find an object beginning with the letter you said.
- If child can't guess then give some simple clues, to make it easier. For example: you can find it on the wall, the beginning sound is..., it rhymes with.... etc.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of using a letter you can use a colour or shape.
- Select a picture from a book or a magazine, child has to find the object from the picture.