Use recycled paper to add a different texture to the children’s play dough.
To make this dough, you will need the following supplies:
- 2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of salt
- Used paper that you want to recycled (7-8 sheets)
- Containers like mixing bowls (2)
What to Do:
- The first step is to rip the paper into small pieces and place the pieces into a dish pan or other container and submerge it with water.
- Add food colouring to the paper and water.
- Measure out 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup salt and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Get your soaked paper and try to minimised the pieces (for the kids will be easier now).
- Scoop the pieces out of the water with your hand.
- Give them a gentle shake to remove the excess water, but try not to squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Add the soaked paper to the mixing bowl with the flour and salt.
- Knead the dough for several minutes until it all comes together.
- Keep stored in a dry, air-tight container.
Hints and Tips:
- If the dough is not coming together well because it is a little too dry, add more water and keep kneading until you get the consistency you want.
- If the dough is too gooey, add a little more flour.
- The dough will have "chunks" of paper throughout it, the smaller you rip your paper and the smaller the pieces will be in your dough.
- You can choose to add essential oil to the dough.
- If you want to smooth it you can add 1 tsp of canola oil or corn syrup.