Dictionary skills to find different animal groups.
- Pencil and paper for each child playing the game.
- A dictionary for each child playing the game.
What to do:
- Write down the following words on a piece of paper
- Brace, Flock, Kennel, Rather, Gaggle, Knot, Swarm, Drive, Herd.
- sk the children to use their dictionary to find which animal group it describes.
Hints and Tips:
- Have a time limit in place. The children have to find the meaning to their words before the timer runs out.
- Once the children have found the meaning of the words, try to use each new word they had just learnt, throughout the day. By doing this it will give the children a chance to extend on their vocabulary by using new words.