This game uses balloons to improve a child’s eye hand co-ordination and ball skills such as catching, throwing and kicking.
- Ceiling/covered area
- String/fishing line/coloured ribbon
- Masking tape/sticky tape
- Ladder or step stool
- Tape measure
- Marble (for balloons filled with helium)
What to do:
- Blow up lots of balloons. You could do it yourself or use helium.
- When using helium, you will need to place a marble inside the balloon before blowing it up, so the balloon hangs down when hanging.
- For each balloon tie a piece of string/fishing line/ribbon around the end of the balloon long enough to reach the child’s height from the ceiling/covered area. You could use a tape measure to measure the height from the ceiling to get the correct measurements.
- Using masking tape, tape the string to the ceiling so the balloon hangs down. You may need to use a ladder or a step stool if it’s too far too reach.
- Once the balloons are hanging from the ceiling the child can run through, hit, hold, catch and kick balloons.
Hints and Tips:
- You can cover entire area of the ceiling with hanging balloons.
- Great idea for a child’s birthday.
- Can be used in the doorway of child’s bedroom on their birthday when they wake.
- The more balloons you hang from the ceiling the more fun it will be for the child.
- Add objects in the balloons that the child needs to find from a list.
- Roll up newspaper to use as a bat to swing at the balloons.