A cute hands poster to show how much dad or mum is loved. A good activity for Father's Day or Mothers Day!
- different colours cardboard
- items for decoration paints, crayons, textas, pencils etc.
What to do:
1. Trace both of the child's hands on a piece of cardboard.
2. Cut it out.
3. Cut out a thin long strip of cardboard (15cm). Fold the thin piece of cardboard like an accordion. Set aside.
4. Take the two hands you cut out and glue one at each end of an A4 piece of cardboard so they stand up. To make the hand stand up, fold the bottom 1 inch (palm) and glue it to the cardboard. Behind the hand make a stand using a small piece of scrap paper. Glue the stand behind each hand.
5. Take the accordion strip and glue it in between the hands.
Now, you can write "I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH" as the child's hands are spread apart showing how much they love their dad.
6. Encourage child to decorate the poster.
Present to dad on Father's Day.
Hints and Tips:
You don't need to add the hands onto a separate A4 sheet of paper. You can create a card itself with the hands and the strip of paper in between. You can write the message on the strip of paper. Fold it like an accordion and glue it in between the cut out hands. When the hands are opened the message will appear.