Use recycled materials to make this sparkly candle holder.
- Colourful bangles
- Sequins / beads
- Sparkle tubes or glitter glue
What to do:
- Gather all your materials. Stick and stack one bangle over the other evenly using glue and wait to dry.
- Once dry, create designs on the CD using the sparkle tubes/glitter pens..Decorate with sequins or beads using glue. Set aside to dry.
- Place a tea light candle or a diya (clay lamp) on top of it and light it. Enjoy your Diwali Diya Holder!
Hints and Tips:
- If Cd's are not available cut out a circle from a piece of cardboard, decorate it with different coloured paper and add glitter for designs.
- Plastic bangles can be bought from the variety store, these can be dipped in glue and covered in glitter or sequins before being glued onto the cd.
- Instead of using a real candle, battery operated candle can be used instead.
- Omit the CD, glue and stack bangles on top of one another instead.
- If there is no glitter or glitter glue, use paint to create designs.