A magnetic science experiment that helps a child to understand different objects that stick to magnets.
- A collection of items from the bedroom (Cuddly animals, Coins, Pencils etc)
What to do:
- Spread the collection of items on the floor.
- Touch each one with a magnet.
- Note down what happens to each object.
The Science Factor:
The magnet does not stick to everything. Magnets have a special invisible power that pulls iron and steel things towards it. Most metal objects stick to the magnet but not things made out of paper, wood or fabric.
Hints and Tips:
- If you haven't got a magnet, try a fridge magnet.
- If you have more than one magnet, test to see which is strongest. Make a pile of paper clips and see which magnet can pick up the most.