A science activity to help children to understand mirror image.
- Small Mirror
- A Pencil
What to do:
- Write your child's name (or) draw a picture on a piece of paper (or) write a word.
- Put the paper in front of the mirror.
- Stand the small mirror upright.
The Science Factor:
Your name or drawing looks back to front in the mirror. Reflections are always the wrong way round like this. If you wave at yourself with your right hand, it will look as if you are waving with your left. It is called mirror image.
Hints and Tips:
- Stand in front of a full length mirror on a wardrobe or on a wall. Stand very close to the edge of it. Lift one arm and one leg.
- Mirrors break easily because they are made from glass.