Let baby explore the kitchen cupboard to create music.
- Pots and pans.
- Wooden spoons.
- Plastic containers with lids
- Plastic spoons.
What to do:
- Sit down beside baby on the kitchen floor.
- Help baby pull out pots, pans and plastic containers.
- Show baby how to fit smaller containers into large ones. Give them a try.
- Take lids of plastic containers and encourage baby to fit the lids back on.
- Show baby how wooden spoons can be used to create music by hitting on the pots and pans.
- Let baby have a turn.
- Allow them to explore the different items in your kitchen.
Hints and Tips:
- Help your baby begin to learn colours and numbers by sorting colours or counting cans or containers.
- Make sure you have safety proofed all cabinets in your kitchen.
- Instead of your baby going through the cabinets, you can put these items in your baby's play area to play with.