Teach the concept of matching objects that go together.
- Objects that go together: Cup and Saucer, Pen and Lid, Toothbrush and Toothpaste, Needle and Cotton, Hammer and Nail, Pencil and Rubber, Knife and Fork, Hair brush and Comb, Key and Lock, Show & Sock.
What to do:
- Explain the object of the game to your group of children then put half the objects on a try for children to see.
- Place the other half of the ‘go-togethers’ in a pillow case.
- Each child has to reach in, feel on object, guess what it is and then match it with an object from the tray. For e,g “sock and shoe”.
Hints and Tips:
- If playing this game with a large group of children, have a relay race. The team who matches all their go-togethers first, wins.
- If you don’t have any objects that go-together, don’t worry, just cut out pictures from catalogues or from newspapers, which your child could use for this game instead.