A fun game to enhance baby’s throwing skills using soft bean bag.
- Bean Bags (minimum 2).
- Bucket (or) box .
What to do:
- Place a large box (or) bucket on the ground.
- Explain to baby that they need to try and throw the bean bag into the box/bucket. Show them.
- Stand baby near the box and give them a bean bag.
- Guide their hand for the first few times as they are throwing the beanbag into the bucket.
- Provide lots of encouragement.
- If baby continually misses stand them closer to the box. Even if they just “drop it” into the box it’s fine.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of using bean bags, you could use plastic lightweight balls.
- Make your own bean bags – sew material together to make a square pouch (leaving one side open), add bean/rice inside and sew the remaining side that was open.
- For a party game – reward a prize to the child that gets it in.
- As your baby gets older, make circles on the ground using string, which your baby can throw into.
- As baby gets better move baby further away from the box as they throw the bean bag in.