A nice little graduation poem to go with a child's handprint as they move onto big school the following year.
- coloured paint
- coloured markers
- white/coloured paper
What to do:
- Collect all your materials.
- Glue a white piece of paper onto a coloured piece of paper.
- Paint a child's hand.
- Make a handprint on a piece of paper. Wait for it to dry.
- Once it dries, draw little faces on each finger, including a graduation hat on top.
- Write the following poem, under the handprint:
See these little fingers all in a row
Here's a little secret that I want you to know
To have each one is special in their own way
For each helped me to write, play and count in preschool each day.
So, I felt it fitting as I say goodbye,
To give them each a cap as I wave up high.
I'm off to big school that's where I'll be
With my five little fingers helping me!
Hints and Tips:
- Stick the handprint on coloured paper as a border.
- Type the poem and stick it on the handprint.
- Add the hand prints to the child's portfolios.