Sick day

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Natalie C

Sick day

Post by Natalie C » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:33 am

Hi Lorina, just have a question to ask about casual sick day. I know as a casual educator no sick leave giving but I really want to ask about this question.
This is the situation, I'm preparing to leave home to go for my shift and suddenly my left nose was bleeding non stop so I put pressure on my nose to make it stop. In between I call my centre to give them notice that I got nose bleeding can't coming to workbut my second director told me that I should give two hour notice before my shift but how would I know two hour before I will have a nose bleeding? She told me to come in first because it hard to find someone to cover. I waited for less than 20 minutes and my nose still bleeding so I decided to ring my centre to tell them that I really can't come in but at the end get a cold shoulder from my second director. In this case should i go to work with nose bleeding and there will be a chance I will faint in my centre? I feel like I don't deserve it Should I resigned or look for other job?

Lorina

Re: Sick day

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi Natalie,

You did the right thing! Sometimes incidences like this occur at the last minute and you won't be able to make it into work. All you can do is ring them and let them know and with a nose bleed like you said how were you supposed to know 2 hours in advance! You should not go into work with a nose bleed because how can you work while having one? During your next shift, I would recommend going to talk to the Director and letting them know exactly what happened and why you couldn't make it in to work at the last minute. That's all you can do about it.

You shouldn't resign over this, it's a small issue and the Director was probably frustrated about the situation, don't take it personally!

You'll be fine!

:geek:,
Lorina