Completing Tasks During Work Placement

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ishy

Completing Tasks During Work Placement

Post by ishy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am studying my cert 3 online and I have started doing my work placement. I have a number of work books that I need the supervisor to tick off saying that I have completed certain tasks. I am having problems with getting some things ticked off. For instance one of the tasks is to administer medication and where I am doing my placement said they will not allow a student to do that. Also there are a number of things around child abuse such as 'student promptly responded to indicators of child abuse or disclosure by children', 'student sought assistance in the event of child abuse', and then a number of other tasks around reporting child abuse. If there are no cases of child abuse during your placement how are you supposed to get these task marked off and qualify for your certificate.
I was really enjoying my work placement but now I am feeling very stressed and my training institute are not at all helpful :(

Can anyone offer any assistance? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Ishy

Lorina

Re: Completing Tasks During Work Placement

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:41 pm

For those tasks that you're unable to complete you can verbally say what you would do in that situation, then u can get ticked off....I have been a supervisor for Diploma students and for those tasks that the students weren't able to complete this, I set different scenarios etc which the student had to explain their procedure for dealing with it...

Maybe you could do something like that...

:geek:,
Lorina

ishy

Post by ishy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Thank you! I thought there must be other options. I will talk with my supervisor :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 pm

You're welcome!

Good Luck!

Lorina

Suetry

Post by Suetry » Mon May 28, 2018 11:25 am

Hi, I had a tough time getting my tasks signed off on placement, no one wanted to take the time to take notice of what I had to do, quite a stressful experience. Planning with your room leaders seems to help them understand your time restraints and the tasks to be completed, don't waste a minute getting your tasks done. I failed my last two workplace assessments because I didn't know how to go about getting my placement tasks done. Now doing the last 6 months over again so I can go back to placement and pass this course. Will definately do placement differently as now I understand how difficult it is to get the tasks signed off in a centre. I will never give up as I want my Cert 11 qualification so badly. Good luck to all :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 29, 2018 3:39 pm

@Suetry - Thank you for sharing your experience! I just feel that services shouldn't take on work placement students if they don't understand the requirements or can't be bothered supporting and assisting students. It's extremely frustrating just reading it - so I can only imagine how you must be feeling because of it. Please find a service that will support you!

Lorina

Suetry

Post by Suetry » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Thanks, hoping for a better experience second time around, the girls there were great and supportive but busy just getting things done, i have a clearer idea now of how to go about it but still nervous about completing tasks. what is the best way to go about communicating to my group leaders the tasks i must do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:29 pm

You should sit down with your group leaders at a time where you can discuss what you need to be done... Maybe you can go early in the morning on Monday and let them know what you want to do for the week...

Lorina

Suetry

Post by Suetry » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Thankyou, will definately do that.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:44 am

Suetry wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:53 pm
Thankyou, will definately do that.
Let me know if you have any further questions!

Lorina